Saturday, January 13, 2018

Backing Up Photographs



“I’ve seen it all,” says the award-winning National Geographic photographer Ami Vitale, about backing up her photos. “I’ve had hard drives fail throughout my career. For example, back when I first started as a photographer, I had a very nice hard drive system in my home, and the whole thing failed.” In retrospect, Ms. Vitale says, she would have definitely set the system up differently.
“I lost some historic moments from the first part of my career,” she says, “and they’re gone forever.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/smarter-living/backing-up-your-photos.html?rref=collection%2Fspotlightcollection%2Fsmarter-living&action=click&contentCollection=topics&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection
 
Everyone who uses a computer needs a dependable way to back up its data. After carefully comparing 19 services and testing six, we believe that Backblaze (currently $50 per year per computer) is the best online backup service for most people, as it offers a great combination of useful features, unlimited storage, and excellent performance at an attractive price—the proverbial cost of a latte per month. Backblaze offers fast, reliable backups, as well as the simplest setup process I’ve seen and a number of nice touches.
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-online-backup-service/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home